After lecturing at the Internationale Ferienkurse für Neue Musik at Darmstadt (first in 1953), Stockhausen gave lectures and concerts in Europe, North America, and Asia ( Stockhausen-Verlag 2010 , 2, 14–15). He was guest professor of composition at the University of Pennsylvania in 1965 and at the University of California, Davis in 1966–67 ( Kramer 1998 ; Stockhausen-Verlag 2010 , 2–3). He founded and directed the Cologne Courses for New Music from 1963 to 1968, and was appointed Professor of Composition at the Hochschule für Musik Köln in 1971, where he taught until 1977 ( Kurtz 1992 , 126–28, 194; Stockhausen-Verlag 2010 , 3). In 1998, he founded the Stockhausen Courses, which are held annually in Kürten ( Stockhausen-Verlag 2010 , 6–9, 15).
The second plant in Leipzig-Leutzsch was founded in 1911. It was here that 360 people made 1,000 upright pianos a year and 600 grand pianos, to be sold throughout the world. By that time, besides Europe, Feurich had established a particularly strong market in Australia, Chile and Brazil. FEURICH at that time was a member of the so-called Group of Five. The five leading manufacturers in Germany joined forces to provide selected pianists with concert grand pianos worldwide. FEURICH had 60 company-owned large concert grand pianos on stages throughout the world at that time. Only after the Second World War did this influential era end, as hardly any German manufacturers could produce a concert grand piano during those hard times.